TransUSA Exchange connects international hospitality students & recent graduates with U.S. employers for programs lasting from 6 to 12 months. We accomplish this through the J-1 Exchange Visitors Program.
How does it work?
Our easy, 5-step process is designed to help you get started as soon as possible.
Send us your resume! We need it before we can start the process.
Skype with us so we can get to know you and your preferences for location, work, and living.
Get connected with employers who match your preferences.
Get approved for a J-1 Visa. Don’t worry, we’ll handle the paperwork and help you through the application process every step of the way.
Begin your adventure in the United States! We stay in touch with you throughout your entire stay, because everyone deserves to have a family abroad.
Interns & Trainees – Which one are you?
The U.S. Offers 2 Different Types Of J-1 Programs: Internships & Training Programs. Which one is right for you?
Simply put, Internships are for students, and Training Programs are for graduates. Candidates can sometimes qualify as interns, but only if they begin their program within 1 year of graduating college. Once the 1-year mark has passed, candidates qualify as trainees by default.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a hospitality/tourism-related degree.
- Graduated from university no more than 12 months before their program’s start date.
To learn more about special requirements for interns, click here.
- Have a degree or professional certificate from a post-secondary institution.
- Applicants with a degree must have one year of work experience.
- Must have either 1 or 5 years of work experience in a related field.
To learn more about special requirements for trainees, click here.
Your participation in this program empowers other young international students and graduates. Let’s make the world a more connected place!